Registered Nurse, Medicine Division, band 5
Registered Nurse, Medicine Division, band 5, salary up to £28k (+ excellent NHS benefits),
***SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE****
We have fantastic opportunities available within our ‘Marvellous Medicine’ division at North Bristol NHS Trust, one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Our Medicine division currently supports patients within the following specialties-
- Acute Medical Unit
- Complex Care wards and reablement department, Elgar House
- Gastroenterology, Haematology and Infectious Diseases
- General Medicine
Salary Range: between from £22,128 to £28,746 (AFC, band 5), dependent on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays and between 8pm and 6am and a 60% supplement for Sundays and bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours. You will also be eligible for a wide variety of excellent NHS benefits.
WHY APPLY? Our Registered Nurse posts provide a fantastic opportunity for roles with-
- Excellent teams- work within a vibrant division with enthusiastic teams dedicated to providing high quality care
- Career progression- the experience gained working in medicine wards will support you with future career aspirations in specialist and emergency medicine or high dependency areas such as ICU. We can also help you work towards advanced practice and gain management experience
- A comprehensive preceptorship package – we can provide excellent support for newly qualifying nurses through our preceptorship package. These is also the opportunity to take part in a rotation programme across the medicine division in Complex Care, Specialist and Acute medicine. The division has a number of award winning practice development nurses and we are committed to ongoing training throughout your career
- Flexible interview options- we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face- whichever is easiest for you
- Excellent working facilities- you may be based in our Brunel building at Southmead Hospital which has been named the best designed large hospital internationally at the European Healthcare Awards
- Fantastic location- the trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in the UK 2017, Bristol is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe inspiring street art. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury). Southmead Hospital is easily accessible from the M4/M5.
WHAT OUR NURSES SAY ABOUT WORKING WITH US?
“ I enjoy working within a small tight knit team and love that I learn a lot quickly by supporting different patients’ needs”- Jade, Staff Nurse
“We are a dynamic team who are committed to learning and engaged to provide the best care for our patients. We are a great starting ward for newly qualified nurses who want to gain more general knowledge within the medical directorate”- Rebecca, Ward Sister
“Elgar House is a terrific place to work; the team are enthusiastic for quality patient care and are inspired by strong leaders. Patients and staff wellbeing is a strong focus of the ward”- Becky, Practice Development Nurse
“The medical division is a large, friendly team with a wealth of varied experiences and we are all keen to support our newcomers and welcome them to the team. There are many opportunities throughout the division for you to experience and you will undertake a wide range of interesting and stimulating training with us” George, Matron for Recruitment
THE ROLE: As a Registered Nurse, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centred care. Key duties will include:
- Providing nursing care for a group of patients with multiple complex needs
- Assessing patients changing conditions and delegating care taking into account staff skills and competence
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with all members of the multi-disciplinary team, communicating effectively both verbally and in writing to those who contribute to the service
- Reassuring patients and ensuring they feel confident in the care they are receiving
YOU: Successful candidates will be-
- A Registered Nurse with current NMC registration
- Passionate for providing high quality care in a fast paced, supported environment
APPLY NOW! For further enquiries or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01174 145 975.
If it’s not for you, please share with anyone who may be interested- thanks!
CV's to be submitted below.