Senior Theatre Practitioner
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Post-registration qualification relevant to functional specialty i.e. Advanced Scrub Practitioner or Surgical First Assistant qualification [for scrub leads].
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course.
- Approved / recognised anaesthetic course.
- Significant post-registration experience within a high acuity specialty.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
- Previous experiencing managing and leading a clinical team.
- Caring and Professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
Duties of this role include:
- Deliver safe quality care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care.
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care within the operating department.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.