ALBYN HOSPITAL– Theatre Practitioner (Scrub / Anaesthetics and / or Recovery)
BMI Albyn Hospital in Aberdeen is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
As a result of on-going growth we have a number of exciting opportunities available for experienced Theatre Practitioners (Scrub/Anaesthetics/Recovery) to join the team at The Albyn Hospital, Aberdeen.
We are looking for people who share BMI’s belief in providing the highest standards of perioperative care for patients to join the team.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Supporting care provision in the Operating Department by providing quality planned patient care during the perioperative phase for a varied range of procedures
- Completing mandatory surgical checks during all phases of the procedure
- Monitoring the patient’s condition throughout, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through meticulous contingency planning
- Promoting best practice applying all legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Acting as a role model and mentor develop junior staff
Desired Skills and Experience:-
We’re looking for experienced Theatre Practitioners, ODPs or Scrub Nurses who have a current NMC or HPC registration. Whether your experience is in Anaesthetics, Recovery and/or Scrub, you must be proficient in using aseptic techniques at all times for a variety of acute general surgical procedures, and be National Care Standards compliant. Possessing strong interpersonal skills you will be able to communicate and work well with your team and have strong verbal and numerical literacy skills.
As a Theatre Practitioner at BMI Albyn Hospital, you’ll get to enjoy working as part of a close-knit and friendly team in a calm and supportive environment. You will be working alongside leading consultants on a variety of surgical procedures using some of the latest technology in the healthcare sector.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive continuous professional development and training to grow your career with BMI. You will also receive a competitive salary with flexible benefits including BMI Healthcare Scheme, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, free on-site parking, health screening and more.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a PART time role for 24 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- To work across multiple surgical specialities in either the scrub or anaesthetic role
- Qualified nurse or ODP - mentorship preferable but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- BMI Competencies
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
For more information please contact Andrea Dryburgh, Clinical Services Manager – Theatre on 01224 577444.