Healthcare Assistant -Golders Green Diagnostic & Outpatients Centre
3 days left
- Full Time
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.
As the Healthcare Assistant in our Golders Green Diagnostics & Outpatient Centre, you will work closely with the clinical team, assisting with nursing, medical and clerical duties in the provision of direct and indirect patient. This will include recording observations, setting up and checking consulting rooms, escorting patients and ensuring the dept is clean, tidy and a comfortable environment for our patients, guests and staff.
Hours: 37.5hrs/week (working a combination of long days 08.00-20.30, nights and weekends)
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 (dependent on candidate experience)
*Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet, greet and escort patients as required
- Assist in the provision of care to patients so as to ensure their comfort and safety needs are identified, taking into consideration cultural, religious beliefs
- Record observations as directed by nursing and clinical teams
- Document care, procedures and observations, notifying the nursing team of any concerns or changes
- Report any problems arising out of conversations with patients, acting as the patient advocate at all times
- Set up and check consulting rooms/treatment pod areas before and after each use
- Administrative duties
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant Role, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Punctual & reliable
- Ability to work in a team & using own initiative
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Health & Social Care
- Care Certificate
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, able to talk to a wide variety of patients with tact and empathy. They will be confident communicating problems to nursing and clinical teams and be proactive in their doing so. They will have a truly patient focused mindset, always acting as a champion for the patient and being mindful of their cultural and religious beliefs. Finally, they will be keen to learn new skills and develop within a nursing and/or healthcare career.