Learning & Development Lead
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
Reporting to the CNO, with a dotted line to the Chief HR Officer, the Learning and Development Lead has a responsibility for driving the Learning and Development strategy for all staff across the London Bridge Campus. This role will lead on education, training and compliance across the Campus with a forward-looking approach to the development across both our Clinical and Non-Clinical functions.
Working closely with the Head of Learning & Development Clinical and Head of Organisational Development to lead with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees' skills, enabling them to fulfill their potential within the London Bridge Campus. The Learning and Development Lead is required to be strategic rather than reactive, assessing the skills and knowledge within London Bridge and determining what training is needed to grow and retain these skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead on all Clinical training for the Campus ensuring mandatory training compliance is met for all Clinical Roles.
- Identify and delivers CPD for all Clinical Roles ensure that clear training paths and programmes are communicated and promoted.
- Identify training, learning opportunities and development needs across the Campus through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and HR.
- Design, develops and expands training, learning and development programmes based on both the organisation's and the individual's needs.
- Produce training/learning materials for in-house courses in a variety of formats and manage the facilitators who support delivery of L&D programmes
Skills & Experience
- Minimum GCSE English, Maths and Science or equivalent (essential)
- Relevant Higher Education or Professional Qualification (essential) Bachelors Degree or equivalent (essential)
- Suitable experience of designing, managing and delivery of business orientated workshops and programmes (essential)
- Expertise in coaching and suitable experience of coaching supervisors and managers
- Recognised Coaching qualification (desirable)
- Experience of supervisor and management development
- Knowledge of relevant appropriate law policies and procedures applicable to healthcare (essential)
- An understanding of all learning technologies including e-learning and virtual learning techniques.