Clinical Nurse Specialist- Plastics
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Plastic Clinical Nurse Specialist to join The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE).
Provide specialist nursing advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients requiring complex care. Provide sound clinical leadership and develop support mechanisms for sharing good practice within the department and hospital wide.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week – this includes flexibility with regards to working hours.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role starts at £45,754 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5 hours holiday each year (25 days plus bank holidays); with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for practice
- Provide clinical assessment , treatment and education and follow up as necessary for all patients receiving breast reconstructions
- Provide direct nursing care through assessment, planning, interventions and co-ordination of care to achieve specific outcomes as agreed within specific protocols and MDT decisions.
- Assist, as necessary with interdisciplinary decision making problem solving and identification of clinical issues, providing advice and strategies in relation to planning, implementing and evaluating patients with more complex or breast reconstruction needs
- Identify and implement strategies to follow up/monitor patients involving all members of the MDT, and other service as appropriate.
- Communicate information to patients/cares/relatives regarding treatment plan continually reviewing and assessing their understanding of the information provided.
Skills & Experience
Skills & Experience
- Wound care qualification and experience
- Teaching course or teaching experience
- Relevant plastic surgery experience in an acute setting
- Ability to demonstrate highly developed specialist knowledge of patient group
About the individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.