HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
To provide specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiac physiological investigations and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Cardiology, Respiratory & Sleep Service Department.
Provide administrative support to the Senior Clinical Physiologist for non-invasive, the Deputy Manager and Department Manager. Assist in managing the technical resources efficiently and effectively, ensuring the smooth running of a quality non-invasive service to patients.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role starts at £31,972 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate highly developed knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiac investigations.
- Perform a wide range of procedures independently on adults, including stress testing, tilt testing and BP and HR ambulatory monitoring.
- Provide expert and specialist advice to patients, colleagues and clinicians regarding outcomes of cardiology procedures and results.
- Follow, and help senior physiologist create, departmental guidelines and protocols for each procedure relevant to the post.
- Assist senior physiologist with various aspects of stock management and quality control.
- Assist senior physiologist to investigate any equipment faults and resolve issues efficiently.
- Be willing to work overtime and embrace the ad hoc nature of our work.
- Have an accommodating and proactive attitude to work.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Clinical Physiology (or similar)
- Registered/accredited by the RCCP
- Substantial post qualification experience of working within a cardiology unit
- In possession of or working towards attaining Intermediate Life Support status
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of IT systems, such as Microsoft Office and Excel
- Previous experience of working within a private hospital is desirable, but not essential
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.