Lead Clinical Pharmacist
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
- A key member of the Pharmacy team as such develop, monitor and lead all aspects of clinical pharmacy services to ensure high quality, innovative and up-to-date pharmacy services which consistently meet the needs of all clients within the hospital
- To be responsible for formulating strategy and providing leadership in the advancement of clinical and ward pharmacy services
- To assist in the management and development of Medicines Management and other Clinical Governance initiatives as requested by the Pharmacy Manager
- To assist in the teaching and tutoring of pharmacists on post-graduate clinical pharmacy education and pharmacy medicines management technicians
- To participate in relevant corporate teaching initiatives
- To promote the cost-effective utilisation of drugs
- To develop collaborative prescribing and treatment guidelines and be an active member of the corporate Lead Clinical Pharmacists Committee
- To deputise for the Pharmacy Manager in their absence and assumes additional corporate and strategic responsibilities for the pharmacy service according to need.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To oversee all ward based clinical services to ensure that they are efficient, effective and safe
- To evaluate and re-shape existing clinical pharmacy services to give emphasis to patient focused care
- To lead on best practice in current and future thinking in the development of the clinical practice standards
- To collaborate with senior clinical mangers to formulate ad implement effective strategies for clinical services
- To focus on the provision of pharmaceutical care to the agreed level and standard in line with recent NHS, DoH, Healthcare Commission, NPSA, CHKS, CQC, and NICE guidelines and other national initiatives
- To manage the training and development of all clinical pharmacy staff
- To be responsible directly and indirectly for the delivery of clinical supervision and competency assessment of all pharmacists providing clinical pharmacy services
- To manage the supervision and training of any diploma pharmacist pre-registration/ pharmacy students who are sent to the hospital during their training
Skills & Experience
- Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council, with a BPharm, MPharm or BSC in Pharmacy
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society is desirable
- Additional postgraduate clinical qualification e.g. Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy or MSc in Clinical Pharmacy or other relevant post-graduation qualification
- Minimum 4 years of relevant hospital experience
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.