Support Worker (Days & Nights Available)
We are currently looking to grow our already established and superb team of support workers at The Moorings, in Poole.
At The Moorings we do and we are passionate about providing excellent care and support to individuals with autism, mental health needs, learning disabilities and people who engage in challenging behaviour. The service is rated Good overall with one area of Outstanding from CQC. We are aiming to deliver an outstanding service at our next CQC inspection.What our support workers do
- Be reliable, friendly and caring to help our client group achieve their everyday goals
- Take clients out and about – walking, local pubs, swimming, bowling, cinema and even night clubs
- Drivers able to go further afield for longer day trips and events
- Provide in house activities –sensory sessions, baking, arts and crafts, computer games, board games, puzzles
- Educational learning for younger adults
- Manage some physical challenging behaviours
- Work with a great team and have fun
- In house trainers for PROACT-SCIPr, Safeguarding and Mental Capacity and DoLS
- A rewarding job, full of variety and opportunities for career development
- Brilliant, ongoing training to help you achieve more, including Makaton and autism specific training
- Online benefits, cashback rewards, SMART childcare vouchers/pension options and much more!
As a Priory Group employee, you’ll be able to chart your long-term career along defined pathways (from Support Worker to CEO), each path providing you a fulfilling work environment and support from a world class organisation to achieve your professional goals. We want to invest in you to achieve the next step in your career, so you can continue to make a difference in people’s lives.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.