Senior Pharmacy Technician
Located on the top four floors of the Cancer Centre at Guy’s Hospital, Private Care at Guy’s is the latest addition to the London Bridge Hospital campus. We are proud to partner with Guy's Hospital, a world leader in advancing medicine and care.
As well has having 40 patient bedrooms, diagnostic imaging, 18 bay chemotherapy suite 9 day surgery bedrooms and an ICU unit, the new addition also 4 integrated theatres including Europe's first integrated robotics theatre which includes a dual-console da Vinci robotic system, allowing us to carry out more minimally invasive urology procedures.
A key member of the Pharmacy Team as such they will assist in the provision of a comprehensive pharmacy service which consistently meet the needs of all service users. Will assist with staff training and development. Ovesee stock management and dealing with account queries. The post holder has day to day responsibility for various elements within the dispensary and a mentorship role to trainee technicians/pharmacy assistants.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of dispensary services and to ensure all pharmacy/ ward/patient service needs are met in liaison with the Lead Pharmacy Technician.
- If in possession of a valid ACPT qualification, to final check prescriptions according to the ACPT policy.
- Ensure that medicines and consumables are stored safely and securely according to the corporate medication policy and hospital protocol.
- Ensure stock rotation, cycle counts and routine expiry date checks are completed.
- Provide medication counselling to patients.
- Ensure that the day to day purchasing and stock control levels of medicines and consumables is maintained
- Assist in ensuring provision of an efficient, accurate and economical ward top-up service according to hospital protocol
- Carry out the preparation of parenteral cytotoxic chemotherapy and monoclonal antibodies, ensuring their pharmaceutical appropriateness and timely issue if required
Skills & Experience
- Registered member of the GPC
- NVQ3 in pharmacy
- Significant clinical experience within a hospital environment
- Aseptic and medicine management experience
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be punctual and of smart appearance at all times, promoting a pleasant and caring attitude within the hospital. They will ensure safe working environment at all times in accordance with all current legislation. In addition to providing support to the team, they will also be able to exhibit a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!