Clinical Nurse Specialist - Chemotherapy
We have an exciting new opportunity within our on-demand service, for a Clinical Nurse Specialist to work closely referring consultants to ensure a smooth pathway for their patients. Essentially, we are looking for someone to create a position of importance and leadership in the local health economy within their specialism covering London
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will utilise your highly-developed specialist knowledge within the cancer field to provide high quality specialist advice, counselling and supportive care to patients and their families in conjunction with the wider multi-disciplinary teams.
Work for us, and remember the reason why you became a nurse, it’s your opportunity to make a real difference to peoples’ lives every single day.
Why work at healthcare at home … the benefits
We are an inspiring business that has exciting times ahead and a clear vision to take us forward. We know people are fundamental to our success and we are focused on helping people to develop their careers. We have a strong culture of continual training and development from the moment you start through our induction to ongoing professional development throughout your careers.
We offer a robust and flexible reward packaging including:
- Company car or car allowance of £4790 per annum
- London Weighting
- NMC/HCPC fees paid for
- Contributory pension scheme
- Immediate private healthcare cover
- Death in service
- Annual holiday – 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday
- Mobile phone and tablet device
- Online benefits portal
healthcare at home … a little about us….
Our vision is simple, to deliver inspirational healthcare in the home for millions worldwide. Working alongside healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies we develop innovative solutions that meet patients’ needs to have quality clinical care in their homes. Every member of our team from specialist nurses to drivers has the same patient focus and is dedicated to delivering the best possible care.
After all, don’t we all feel better at home?
What does a Clinical Nurse Specialist do at healthcare at home?
- Contribute to business planning and income growth for the region by creating partnerships with key target customers and also identifying and developing new projects, ensuring all leads are passed on. Work effectively as an autonomous practitioner but also work closely with the private practice team and the cancer team, ensuring that best practice and quality procedures are adopted. Foster communications between patients, family/carers and health professionals and provide relevant support, specialist knowledge, education and counselling as required. Ensuring that all relevant information regarding patients/ clients is reported and, where necessary, acted upon to communicate any changes to the Consultant/GP and other team members as appropriate. Assisting the referring Consultant and hospital in planning a smooth transition of patient care from the hospital to the home. Then once the patient is at home ensure that all aspects of care are met, through the monitoring of follow up visits, according to the care plan. Participate in setting and maintaining standards of professional competence and current nursing practices in accordance with the NMC Code of Practice, ensuring constant improvement in competence and standards through personal development.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
Fundamentally we are looking for proactive and self-motivated clinicians who are dedicated to offering outstanding professional patient care, it’s at the heart of what you do.
You will be a registered general nurse with a qualification in the speciality of Chemotherapy, Oncology or Haematology. We also require you to have a teaching and assessing qualification and it would also be advantageous if you had completed an appropriate, and recognised counselling course. You need to be able to be responsible, without supervision, when assessing and implementing care programmes and used to be working in a fast-paced high pressure environment.
As this is a regional role travelling to visit patients in their home setting, therefore it is crucial that you have full UK driving licence.
healthcare at home are an equal opportunities employer