BMI Goring Hall Hospital close to Worthing, West Sussex is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With 59 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
The BMI Goring Hall Hospital is a mid-sized and busy acute care hospital that prides itself on the level of superb quality patient care it provides. At the hospital we have 37 beds, 14 consulting rooms and 3 main theatres (2 of which have lamina flow), an endoscopy theatre and a minor procedures room. Currently at the hospital we offer elective surgery across many different surgical areas including orthopaedics, gynaecology, general surgery, scopes including flexi cystoscopy, ENT, diagnostics, cataracts and cosmetic.
As a result of on-going growth at the hospital we have an exciting position available for an experienced Theatre Practitioner to join the team at the BMI Goring Hall Hospital, West Sussex. The Hospital believes in investing in all our staff and rewarding high standards of care whilst "building for excellence" and in return we expect our staff to uphold the Hospital values which are Respectful, Caring, Responsible and Committed.
In the role you will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of professional expertise and ensure that the highest standard of care is given during the perioperative stage within theatre. In return our pledge is to support your personal and career development, with exposure to a wide range of specialities and a variety of learning opportunities/experiences.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- To work across multiple surgical specialities in either the scrub or anaesthetic role
- Qualified nurse or ODP - mentorship preferable but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- ALS provider preferred or ability to attain this qualification
- BMI Competencies
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.