Oncology Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As a Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for working in a supporting experienced nursing team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment. This will include meeting their medical, physical and emotional needs by effectively communicating with the patient and their families
We understand that cancer care is a challenging field and our friendly team work closely together to adopt a supportive culture. As part of HCA Healthcare our team are offered emotional support and career development.
This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week on internal rotation to include days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £31972 - £35169 (dependent upon skills and experience) plus 9% enhancement.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in individual care needs of patients and develop appropriate care plans to implement and evaluate
- Monitor patient care and interventions appropriately
- Recognise deterioration in patients’ condition at an early stage, (including neutropenic patients) Refer to the senior nurse and medical team appropriately
- Attend IV/ chemotherapy drug administration training, complete workbook competence
- Report and document adverse incidents appropriately
- Initiate appropriate actions to isolate patients when required
- Implement a holistic approach in the care of patients requiring infection control precautions.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin
- NHS or Private ward experience
- Passionate about patient care, respectful, responsible and committed
- Haematology experience is desirable. We offer a three-month supportive probationary period which includes some supernumerary time
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.