Clinical Research Sister
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
Sarah Cannon Research Institute is the first UK trials unit outside of the NHS that has the ability to offer new anti-cancer drugs in clinical trials. As a dedicated trials unit, we are focused on fast study set-ups to offer patients’ rapid access to new investigational drug therapies.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organisation based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service. On top of this, you will have the opportunity to truly grow and develop within this new team, ensuring it will be a fantastic move for your career.
You will provide professional practice within the field of oncology research nursing, by keeping up to date in issues related to the speciality; developing, maintaining and utilising specialist skills and knowledge including completing mandatory/annual training updates.
Be able to promote a clinical environment that ensures our patients receive the highest standards of care; an environment that is conducive to learning, supporting and participating in the supervision/teaching or more junior or new staff. In addition, they will contribute to the development of services and quality improvement initiatives within a collaborative framework to enhance patient experience.
Salary between £45,754,135 - £48,042 (dependent on experience) Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate expert research nursing care, providing specialist advice and support to patients attending the Drug Development Unit (DDU), actively seeking evidence-based practice which will improve the quality of care and patient experience of clinical trial patients
- Manage all aspects of patient care according to agreed study protocols whilst promoting a patient-centred nursing service that ensures a positive patient experience
- Actively participate in and support the development of the clinical research facility
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge and expertise at the level of advance practice in oncology clinical trials and management
- Assist in the specialist education and support of healthcare professionals to enable them to care for clinical trial patients and recruit to clinical trials where appropriate
- Work with clinical research manager to educate the research nurses and other relevant staff on any protocol modifications and specifications
- Provide active mentorship and training of the team and assist in induction of all new nurses, healthcare assistants, doctors (as required
- Report and document adverse incidents appropriately
- Initiate appropriate actions to isolate patients when required
- Implement a holistic approach in the care of patients requiring infection control precautions.
Skills & Experience
- BSc Nursing
- NMC Registration
- Post registration experience
- Relevant specialist course (or equivalent) in oncology/haematology nursing
- Recognised chemotherapy course
- Clinical Trials experience desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.