From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships. We believe that all our patients and employees should have access to the latest state-of-the-art technology, which has seen HCA Uk invest more than £500 million over the last decade to ensure that our hospitals and specialist centres are amongst the best equipped in the world. This philosophy of continual investment ensures our employees have the best career development opportunities; as their skills advance alongside our facilities and technology.HCA Joint Ventures is a rapidly expanding division of HCA international, specialising in providing healthcare in partnership with NHS hospitals. Joint Ventures currently operates three radiation oncology departments, two of which are in London.
HCA Joint Ventures is a rapidly expanding division of HCA international, specialising in providing healthcare in partnership with NHS hospitals. Joint Ventures currently operates three radiation oncology departments, two of which are in London.
An experienced treatment planning dosimetrist is sought to join the team working at our private radiotherapy practices at UCH and Guy’s. Less experienced applicants will also be considered. Training for conformal and VMAT planning will be provided to the successful applicant.
Both sites use Varian TrueBeam Linear Accelerators, and utilise IGRT as appropriate. Across the sites, a wide range of treatment sites are planned e.g. Limb, brain, gynae, right through to prostates and breasts. Planning is highly conformal, individually optimised for each patient, making use of VMAT wherever possible and appropriate. Varian’s Eclipse is used for all external beam planning and DIBH and gating are used in certain cases. The department has a track record of pioneering new techniques such as butterfly VMAT DIBH and Auto Beam Hold.
The post holder will support the work of the Radiotherapy Service, mainly in treatment planning, but there will be opportunity to assist with quality assurance and dosimetry. The post holder will contribute to improving the quality of the Radiotherapy Physics service, and provide technical advice to clinicians and other staff on the use of Eclipse. Due to the multi-departmental nature of the role, some work is carried out by remote access.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To liaise with the Lead Dosimetrist and other members of the team to ensure the production of high quality plans in a prompt and efficient manner.
- To participate in treatment planning
- To participate in plan checking
- Where necessary, to assist the Lead Dosimetrist in organising the workflow through Treatment Planning
- To actively contribute towards the improvement in quality of plans produced.
- To provide support for the clinical oncologists in all aspects of treatment planning
- To provide support for the radiography team with regards to patient setup, CBCT analysis and the need for replanning.
Skills & Experience
- Hold a qualification in a relevant subject
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working in the field of Radiotherapy
- Have a track record of understanding medical devices and/or information technology
- Follow Radiation Physics policies and Procedures
- Comply with HCA policies, including ensuring compliance with Local Radiation Rules and national legislation including IR(ME)R 2017 and IRR17
- Keep up to date with current radiotherapy physics/planning procedures
- Ensure double checking of all radiotherapy physics calculations
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.