Senior Staff Nurse Interventional Radiology
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
The interventional radiology service at The Princess Grace Hospital provides state of the art equipment and expert team of radiologists ,nurses and radiographic staff.
The Interventional Senior Staff Nurse will play an integral part of delivering our interventional service across the interventional room, CT ,USS and MRI .The successful candidate must have at least 18 months experience in interventional radiology and will have a unique opportunity to help transform our IR nursing service .
Our current nursing team offer a unique combination of technical and high dependency nursing skills.The team works in conjunction with radiologist ,radiographic staff and anaesthetist providing high quality care for IR procedures.
As the Senior Staff Nurse within the imaging dept you will report to the Duty Lead Nurse/Manager and will provide a customer focused high quality nursing service to our patients and service users. The Senior Staff Nurse will strive for and maintain the best standard of clinical standards and efficiency for our users at all times. The role will require rotation throughout all of the imaging modalities (Interventional Radiology, CT, MRI and Core Services) and throughout all of the imaging sites, although the primary base will be the Princess Grace Hospital.
Hours: 37.5 per week (7.5 hour/day) Mix of 8:00-4:00,9:00-17:00 or 10:00-18:00pm duties + rotational on call covering nights and weekends.
(Unit open Monday – Friday from 08:00 - 20:00)
Salary: £36,000 – £42,000 dependent on experience + enhancement and benefits
Closing date: 06/03/2019
please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in nursing services for all patients.
- Become competent in all areas of Imaging Nursing, including assisting in Interventional Radiology cases, ablations, nanoknife, microwave imaging guided drainages and other therapeutic procedures.
- Share clinical knowledge with multi disciplinary colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities).
- Participate in regular mandatory training relating to Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children, ensuring compliance in escalation of any safeguarding concerns.
- Assist bookings clerks and Radiographers in the booking of immediate appointments.
- Form an effective working relationship with Consultants, medical, Radiographic and administrative staff within the Department and the hospital as a whole.
- To assist in the provision of expert advice and interventions within radiology that maintains and improves standards of patient care.
- Demonstrates specialist skills and knowledge in Radiology specifically interventional radiology including sedation.
- Implements policies and procedures, and proposes changes to practices for own area, contributing to the development of specialist protocols.
- Identify clinical issues and incidents that reduce the quality of care within imaging. Take part of the activities to counter these to ensure the delivery of safe and effective care.
- Participates in audit processes for monitoring and reviewing nursing quality
Skills & Experience
- Hold a BSc (or equivalent) in Nursing and hold a current UK NMC registration meeting PREP requirements.
- Minimum 2-3 years post registration experience to include 2 years experience in Interventional Radiology.
- Demonstrate commitment to theatre/Imaging nursing through CPD/protocol development within radiology area.
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD or Nursing related studies
- Have experience in teaching and assessing.
- Post Graduate qualification within imaging or another relevant area
- Ability to lead change and lead new ways of working.
- The post holder will demonstrate the skills for assessing and interpreting specialist acute and other patient conditions, initiating actions as appropriate.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.