7 days left
- Full Time
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.
Our Oncology ward is an 18 bedded unit which provides high quality care to patients in first class private rooms with the latest in innovative treatments and cutting edge technology. We treat a range of different types of cancer and conditions; including Cancer Care, Gastro, Gynaecological, Skin, Liver/HPB Cancers as well as Breast Care.
As a Staff Nurse working within Oncology, you will be providing care for Oncology patients from diagnosis, collaborative treatment planning, chronic pain control, to integration into the community and end of life care.
This rewarding and yet challenging role allows empathic and caring nursing to utilise the full range of nursing skills from diagnosis support, patient and relative education, administering chemotherapy and treating all illness related symptoms, medically, physically, emotionally and mentally.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week on internal rotation to include days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £31972 - £35169 (dependent upon skills and experience) plus 9% enhancement
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, deliver, evaluate and implement the highest of nursing standards covering specialisms; Cancer Care, Breast Care, Gastro, Skin, Liver and HPB
- Administer Chemotherapy if qualified, conduct patient teaching, managing their illness and accurately document all patient records onto the computerised systems
- Adhere to all patient safety standard operating procedures, codes of conduct in line with NMC and Clinical Governance policies.
- Take part in ward audits and contribute to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC registration
- Experience in the field of Oncology or Medical and/or Surgical
- Chemo trained is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills who utilizes an emphatic and caring approach to patients whose diagnosis and treatment are often painful and life-threatening
- Supportive team player who is flexible to the needs of the department and willing to progress and continuously develop
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.