Senior Speech and Language Therapist
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time SLT to develop the adult outpatient service at the wellington hospital. The successful candidate will have experience in assessment and management of voice disorders as well as complex communication and swallowing difficulties secondary to acquired neurological conditions. Experience with instrumental assessment is essential as you will also be required to provide input into the outpatient videofluoroscopy and FEES services. You will work alongside the Lead SLT to further develop and expand the already established outpatient service and will work closely with members of the multidisciplinary team where appropriate to ensure a holistic and patient centred approach to treatment.
This is a 22.5 hour a week contract with an attractive and competitive salary, depending upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide high quality Speech and Language Therapy Services to patients with communication, voice, ENT, head & neck cancer and swallowing problems in outpatient and inpatient settings
- Act as the specialist clinician in developing and marketing the Speech and Language Therapy Service to other hospitals
- Work closely with the Lead Acute and Head of Speech and Language Therapy Services to establish and promote the delivery of high quality treatment, including implementing quality initiatives and quality assurance methods
- Develop professional and clinical links with Consultants, particularly within ENT and neurology
Skills & Experience
- Extensive specialist experience in tracheostomy care and management and experience in acute and chronic acquired communication and swallowing disorders.
- Extensive experience in the neurology field including stroke and head Injury management.
- Proven experience working with voice, ENT and head & neck cancer patients.
- Experience working within in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Post-graduate dysphagia training.
- Tracheostomy assessment and management.
- Experience of Videofluoroscopy, FEES and voice instrumentation
- HPC registration is a must, but RCSLT registration would be an advantage.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.