HCA Joint Ventures is an innovative branch of HCA International, working in partnership with NHS Trusts across the country.
This Joint Venture is a partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester, which saw the launch of The Christie Clinic in September 2010. The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world's largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Clinic builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities in the £35 million Oak Road patient treatment centre. There are continuing redevelopment works to extend both inpatient and outpatient facilities at The Christie Clinic.
As an employee of HCA Healthcare we'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private healthcare coverage, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
For a comprehensive job description please contact
Salary range: £36,501 -£45,584
You will be required to provide a high standard of pharmaceutical services which consistently meets the needs of all service users and to provide a safe and efficient pharmaceutical service to patients, consultants, nursing and others within a multidisciplinary healthcare team to a high standard. You will also provide a clinical pharmacy service predominantly to Outpatient and inpatient services including HTU, dispensing and additional support to other departments where required to ensure an efficient and safe outpatient and dispensary service is provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To contribute to the HCAI Medicines Management framework ensuring the prescribing, procurement, receipt, stock control, security, supply, use of, safety and disposal of medicines are of the highest standard and are compliant with relevant policies, regulations and legislation.
- To participate in the dispensing, labelling and supply of medication including Controlled Drugs in accordance with HCA Medication Management Policy, HCAI Code of Practice for controlled drugs, Medicines Act 1968 and Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, GPhC Code of Ethics and Good Dispensing Practices.
- To participate in the responsible pharmacist duties/rota, ensuring safe and effective running of the pharmacy in relation to the sale and supply of medicines.
- To ensure the smooth running day to day of the department, ensuring standards are maintained and environment is kept tidy and well maintained
- To participate in ordering stock to ensure stock levels of medicines, medical gases and intravenous fluids are adequate to cover hospital requirements and that stock is stored in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations
- To provide a safe and efficient clinical pharmaceutical service to the wards for inpatients including critical care providing relevant skills and knowledge to ensure the provision of an appropriate level of care to the patients which is safe and delivered in a confident and professional manner.
- To provide advice and support to clinical staff in other departments
- To provide accurate and safe medicines information to patients, consultants and other members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team in a timely manner
Skills & Experience
- Registered with The General Pharmaceutical Council
- Additional clinical qualifications e.g. Diploma in clinical pharmacy
- Demonstrable hospital experience
- Experience of specialist areas e.g. general surgery
- Health and Safety training