Senior Registered Children's Nurse
BMI Kings Oak and Cavell Hospitals in Enfield are part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Children's Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a PART time role for 20 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- (RN8 or RNC) Registered Children’s Nurse level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Safeguarding children Level 3.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Experienced in children’s nursing care.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Understanding of workload and shift management.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good team worker.
- Both punctual and reliable.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and enhancing the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- Working within the Children and Young People (CYP) service in outpatients, day case care, or inpatients care, promoting and safeguard the well-being and interests of all CYP patients, employees and visitors, acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team.
- Where appropriate to deputise for the Sister/ Charge Nurse and the lead on clinical shifts.
- To ensure that standards of CYP patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Where appropriate, traveling between hospital sites working with paediatric consultants within the cluster group.
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients up to the age of 18 years without direct supervision.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare for this position offers an actual salary of up to £21,000 with a FTE saalry of £39,375 and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.