BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Some management experience is required bu not essential.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination.
- Operators and Managers Course in Endoscope Decontamination.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience and training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery.
- Experience of clinical governance and audit.
- Teaching / Assessing / mentorship qualifications.
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge.
- A degree of financial awareness.
- Knowledge and experience of appropriate standards, accreditation systems and external regulating bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, CFPP-01-06).
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the endoscopy service, responsible for day to day organisation and management of the Endoscopy Department.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their pre, peri & post procedure phases of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.
- The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of all endoscopy staff, ensuring the achievement of CQC and JAG Standards as required for endoscopy services.
- This role will provide expert knowledge, leadership and support the implementation and maintenance of Joint Advisory Group (JAG) accreditation and continuous development of global rating scale (GRS).
- Provide appropriate clinical supervision and managerial leadership throughout the department.
- Manage departmental budget and participate in planning & decision making, maintaining efficient and effective monitoring systems for expenditure and revenue control within the department.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.