BMI Albyn Hospital provides private healthcare, medical and surgical services to many patients each year.
Our Healthcare Assistants and Nurses are the face of the hospital, continually delivering an outstanding patient experience to all who are treated on-site and this is reflected in our excellent patient satisfaction scores year on year.
Whether you are returning from a career break or looking for a new challenge, BMI Albyn Hospital may be the place for you as we appreciate that a work/life balance is important and offer flexibility with hours wherever possible.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Care Certificate.
- NVQ Level 1 and/or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 2 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading my example with one’s own professional behaviour.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
In addition to your salary you will also be rewarded with private healthcare cover, company pension scheme, 25 days annual holiday & bank holidays, free parking and more. Plus you will have access to some of the best training and development courses in the healthcare sector allowing for development throughout your BMI career.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.