Accident and Emergency Nurse
ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY ALEXANDRA HOSPITAL REDDITCH
Our mission as front-line staff is to deliver safe timely effective care to our patients on a daily basis whilst working collaboratively with our primary and secondary care colleagues ensuring our patients receive the care they expect and deserve.
We are a dedicated highly skilled team of practitioners who are committed to delivering a service that supplies the best patient care for our patients, their families and carers, the public and each other.
Our vision is to ensure we communicate effectively with our patients and each other by listening and responding to what our patients wants and needs are.
We recognize and appreciate that our excellent nursing team are the foundations to providing compassionate patient centered care and we want you to join our team.
We show out dedication to our team through continuing professional development and career opportunities.
- Induction with a supernumerary period
- Mentorship through your transitional stages
- Training through our professional development team
- Preceptorship program for newly qualified nurses
- Rotation opportunities within the department
- Development to band 6 roles
- Team support with allocated communication groups
- Celebration of success with our ‘wow awards’
- Comprehensive staff benefits: NHS pension scheme, on site nursery, car salary sacrifice scheme, generous annual leave.
Accident and Emergency:
ED has a 14 bedded majors department, a 5 bedded minor injuries department, a 3-bedded resuscitation unit and a 5 bedded emergency decisions unit. We provide front line emergency care for adults, front line minor injury care for adults and children and are first point of call for the counties fracture neck of femurs, frailty care and urology needs.
We employ approximately 56 nursing staff who work collaboratively with a strong senior clinician team of 5 consultants, 8 emergency nurse practitioners, registrars and senior house officers, and work closely with our colleagues in ambulatory care and frailty to ensure we deliver the nest possible care to our patients.
In addition to the training supplied by the trust we can offer:
- Intermediate adult and child life support programs
- Advanced adult and child life support programs
- Male catheterisation
- Iv therapy
- Venipuncture and cannulation
- Ecg training
- Advanced respiratory care, including NIV and CPAP
- Student mentorship
- Critical care experience
A career in emergency care is extremely rewarding, so if you’re looking for a change and challenge there couldn’t be a better time to come and join our team!
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to attend an assessment centre at one our sites where you will be required to complete an assessment and attend a formal interview.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
Matron Marc Tarrant
Senior sister Debbie Godfrey