Clinical Trials Pharmacy Technician - GPHC Registered
Sarah Cannon Research Institute UK (SCRIUK) - part of HCA Healthcare UK, the world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' is the first UK trials unit outside of the NHS that has the ability to offer new anti-cancer drugs in clinical trials.
Sarah Cannon is a unique trial facility that collaborates and works closely with leading clinical investigators to develop new and innovative cancer therapies for patients. It is supported by an outpatient unit which includes 70 Oncologists to offer patients’ rapid access to new investigational drug therapies.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual with great interpersonal skills to join the pharmacy department at SCRIUK in the role of Clinical Trials Pharmacy Technician.
You will perform a range of technical duties to support the pharmacy clinical trials service according to local guidelines and national regulations governing clinical trials and be responsible for the training of pharmacy staff involved in clinical trials.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Salary – Starting at £27,139 and increasing based upon experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provision of a range of technical duties to support the pharmacy clinical trials service according to local guidelines and national regulations governing clinical trials; ensuring compliance with International Conference for Harmonization, Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Be responsible for ensuring all technical aspects of clinical trials within their remit are managed in accordance with service SOPs including:
- Produce study specific dispensing guides for all clinical trials conducted at SCRIUK
- Set up Pharmacy Trial Site Files for new studies
- Act as a point of contact for study Sponsors and their representatives
- Assist in the maintenance of up to date pharmacy standard operating procedures (SOPs) for pharmacy and trial related activities
- Participate in stock control systems for medicines including stock checks, stock rotation, expiry date checks etc. and to use the computerised stock control system and undertake the processing of paperwork in accordance with audit requirements.
- To assist with preparation for external audit and inspection by Sponsors and the regulatory authorities.
- Ensure pharmacy-related clinical trial specific training for staff on the process of purchasing, ordering, receipt, storage, dispensing, stock rotation and stock holding return, and disposal of clinical trial drugs.
Skills & Experience
- NVQ level 3 Pharmacy services or BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent.
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (or immediate eligibility to register)
- Experience as a qualified technician in a UK hospital Pharmacy (or clinical trials unit), including experience of dispensary services and extended roles of technicians
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the cutting edge of private healthcare with world class specialists at the height of their careers.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!