Clinical Practice Educator
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Clinical Practice Educator
We are looking for a Clinical Practice Educator (CPE) to be in charge of all Baxter patient training and Home Therapies for our Baxter Education centre based in London. The ideal candidate will have a passion for empowering patients and a strong interest in long term or complex conditions. You will be critical to the success of the role in the use of innovative teaching practices, to teach and educate staff and patients in order to improve technique and therapy success.
- Teach and empower patients in self-management of home therapies by providing gold standard patient training to patients following referral from NHS hospitals at the Baxter Education Centre and in the patient’s own home or hospital as required
- Educate, advise and train healthcare professionals on best practice patient training methods for home therapies adopting a train the trainer approach wherever possible, to maintain and develop skills in the referring hospitals
- Support Regional Business Teams to run workshops and education events to train healthcare professionals such as SpRs, nurses and healthcare assistants
- Complete high quality training records, document training provided and feedback to hospital staff
- Provide innovative refresher and follow-up training support for patients
- Ensure product knowledge remains current and evidence based, making time to read journals and attend conferences
- Attend and contribute to Regional Business Meetings to ensure activities are aligned and market knowledge is transferred as appropriate
- Provide patient and customer feedback and act as a subject matter expert to sales and marketing teams on designing and improving new/existing materials based on patient and customer needs
- Support internal training initiatives as subject matter experts to drive clinical excellence amongst the Baxter sales teams
- A knowledge of dialysis and parenteral nutrition systems and processes an advantage
- Able to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Nursing degree or equivalent required is essential
- Evidence of post registration study
- Minimum 3 years of clinical nursing experience
- An interest or experience of teaching and educational processes; in particular, teaching patients
- Demonstrate strong teaching and communication skills, both written and verbal, to support training and education services with patients and customers
What we offer
This is a challenging opportunity and a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people across various countries in Europe and beyond. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
You will be involved in exciting commercial projects which will make a difference to both the company and patients. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care.
Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.