BMI Albyn Hospital in Aberdeen is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
We are looking for someone who shares BMI’s belief in providing the highest standards of perioperative care for patients to join the team.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Typical responsibilities will include
- Supporting care provision in the Operating Department by providing quality planned patient care during the perioperative phase for a varied range of procedures
- Completing mandatory surgical checks during all phases of the procedure
- Monitoring the patient’s condition throughout, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through meticulous contingency planning
- Promoting best practice applying all legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Acting as a role model and mentor develop junior staff
Desired Skills and Experience
We’re looking for an experienced Theatre Practitioner, ODP or Scrub Nurse who has a current NMC or HPC registration. Whether your experience is in Anaesthetics, Recovery and/or Scrub, you must be proficient in using aseptic techniques at all times for a variety of acute general surgical procedures, and be National Care Standards compliant. Possessing strong interpersonal skills you will be able to communicate and work well with your team and have strong verbal and numerical literacy skills.
As a Theatre Practitioner at BMI Albyn Hospital, you’ll get to enjoy working as part of a close-knit and friendly team in a calm and supportive environment. You will be working alongside leading consultants on a variety of surgical procedures using some of the latest technology in the healthcare sector.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive continuous professional development and training to grow your career with BMI. You will also receive a competitive salary with flexible benefits including BMI Healthcare Scheme, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, free on-site parking, health screening and more.
For more information please contact Andrea Dryburgh, Clinical Services Manager – Theatre on 01224 577444.