Registered Nurse (RN) or Midwife
Salary: £28,471 + benefits
Full Time: 37.5 hrs per week (5 days per week, 7.5 hours per day, no Sundays, evenings or bank holidays)
Description: This charity is one of the largest providers of subsidised safe abortion, contraception and family planning services. They Stand up for women’s rights to choose and make their own decisions!
They are proud to be champions for reproductive choice, and work hard every day to make a reality of women’s rights to decide whether and when to have children.
Their network of welcoming clinics and local community services, together with a 24 hour confidential helpline, provide high quality, safe, accessible and compassionate advice, care and support for the women and men who need them. 95% of their services are commissioned by the NHS.
As a Registered Nurse/Midwife you will care for women’s health and support their reproductive rights. You can expect to work in a client-centred, hands-on and fast-paced environment, providing expert clinical abortion to clients. Working in the main surgical centres is a rewarding role that would suit someone who enjoys working in a busy environment and working as a team-player.
If you are a nurse or midwife looking to work in dynamic nurse-led environment where non-judgmental, compassionate, values based and client-centered care is key, then this role is for you!
Person Specification: To join their dedicated and caring team, the following are essential:
- NMC registered Nurse/Midwife
- Pro-choice on abortion and an advocate of their mission of 'children by choice, not chance'
- A flexible approach and act as a client advocate. Helping to maintain a pleasant and safe environment for clients
- Ultrasound scan trained - Transabdominal & Transvaginal (desirable, but training will be provided if not trained in this area)
- Driving license and willingness to travel in exchange for a higher remuneration
With support, You will strengthen or develop your:
- Clinical assessment skills
- Anaesthetic and recovery skills
- Safeguarding and mental health skills through dealing with vulnerable clients
- Sexual health and contraception skills
- With training, work autonomously in an environment where your critical thinking skills will be developed in order to problem solve and make high level decisions
- Opportunity to experience working in both a Centre and community setting in their early medical units through nursing rotation program
- Ability to carry out ultrasound scanning
- Nurse-led discharge skills
Benefits: They’re big on training! In return for your commitment and hard work, you will have plenty of opportunities to build on your experience. You will be provided with career support, on the job training and an environment for development.