Registered Nurse (RMN/ RNLD)
Kneesworth House, Bassingbourn-cum-Kneesworth, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5JP
Priory Group Division
Permanent - Full Time
Annual Salary: £29,152.91- £35,921.66 (SN1-SN4) dependant on experience
Hours: 37.5 Per Week
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
Kneesworth House is in the process of developing a new and exciting Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), specialising in female services.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be working within an experienced Multidisciplinary Team, including a range of professionals.
You will assist the team and support in delivering high quality care to our patients. You will be responsible for undertaking and managing patient care, the delivery of care (on an individual and group level), as well as developing and enhancing skills around patient assessment and recovery.
Reflective practice is essential to supporting the wellbeing of the staff group, with access to sessions weekly. There will also be ongoing training and development for staff at all levels to support the developing service.
You will receive clear objectives, direction and supervision to enhance your personal and professional development.
Medium, Low Secure, Locked Rehabilitation and Open Rehabilitation as well as community houses / residential services for men and for women.
Women with mental illness; Men with mental illness, personality disorder or mild learning disability
- Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- At a more senior level, you’ll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
To be successful as an RNLD, you’ll need:
- A relevant nursing qualification and registration
- Excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach - our units operate 24 hours 7 days a week, and our nursing staff work shift patterns including weekends, bank holidays and nights
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- The drive to continually push your own personal learning and development
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- NMC Payment in full
- Sign on bonus - £1500 Welcome to Priory – either a sign on bonus or an e-voucher code for the Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.