Occupational Health Advisor
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W) UK/Europe Region, which is comprised of Freightliner Group Companies and Pentalver Transport, is an established, multi award-winning transportation provider. Within the UK, G&W has operating services across a network of terminals and depots and offers rolling stock and infrastructure maintenance solutions.
G&W’s core purpose is to be the safest and most respected transportation service provider in the world and so, the health and well-being of our colleagues is a top priority and the reason why we are seeking to recruit an experienced Occupational Health Advisor. The successful candidate will be instrumental in improving and delivering the Group’s health and well-being initiatives.
- Working in conjunction with the business’s Occupational Health provider to provide support and advice to HR and Operational Management in relation to sickness absence, workplace environment, risk assessments, stress management and return to work evaluations following absence
- Overseeing the completion of pre-employment medicals and conduct case management as necessary.
- Liaising with the head office to increase utilisation and efficiency of services company wide.
- Updating company policies to reflect best practice in Occupational Health field.
- Proposing and implementing an improved absence management strategy.
- Collaborating with Safety and HR to promote health and well-being initiatives.
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health profession and be on Part 3 of NMC Register or working towards this with evidence of continual professional development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to produce clear and concise report to managers.
- Experience in carrying out medicals / surveillance including audiometry, spirometry, skin assessment, HAVS and safety critical medicals and Case Management.
- Initiative to identify key health issues and assist in the development and provision of procedures and solutions.
- Able to prioritise workload and comfortable applying experience and knowledge to refer complex cases to the clinical governance team.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with HR, Health and Safety Professionals and our Health Partners to provide an efficient and cost-effective service to our customers.
- Able to work as an independent & autonomous Occupational Health Advisor;
- Looking to develop and execute long term strategy in a an evolving organisation;
- Keen to become the first member of what will be a growing team of OH Professionals.
This role will require frequent travel to our various sites throughout the UK.