Staff Nurse - Cardiac
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Cardiac team. Our cardiac services are led by some of the UK’s top heart consultants, and supported by a highly skilled team of cardiac physiologists, radiographers and specialist nurses, giving the hospital the reputation for providing one of the largest private cardiology and cardiothoracic surgical programmes in Europe.
As a Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. You will work within our Cardiac ward which is a fast paced 25 bedded unit specialising in angioplasties, pace makers, defibrillators and acute cardiac/medical patients.
The ward involves Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic surgery with some liver, vascular and robotics as well as cardiac/medical conditions that require continuous monitoring and treatment. This ward also includes 5 day-case beds with a high turnaround of patients.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week – this includes flexibility with regards to working hours.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role starts at £31,972 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition- We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating high standards of nursing care for cardiac patients.
- Acting as a clinical role model for all members of staff, driving high standards of care and assisting with coaching and development of the team.
- Contributing to research based care and other practice development initiatives.
- Recording and interpreting ECG as well as care for patients with chest drains, Epidural PCA and Femoral sheath removal.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with full NMC registration.
- Leadership/mentoring experience.
- Experience in the field of Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and/or Cardiothoracic surgery.
- Ability to recognise cardiac rhythms.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.