Residential School Nurse (RSCN/RGN)
Salary: Band 5 equivalent + enhancements + accommodation
Description: This high performing co-educational day and boarding school,has a reputation for all-round excellence. Through their stimulating curriculum and vibrant co-curricular activities, they provide pupils with an environment where they are valued, encouraged and inspired.
They require a full-time Registered Nurse to join a small team of nurses in the Health & Wellbeing Centre. The Health & Wellbeing Centre provides health care for day pupils and boarders and first aid for staff. The post holder will need to be able to offer flexibility to provide cover over some weekends, early and late shifts will be rotated. On call shifts will be completed from the residential accommodation.
The post is residential and shift patterns may be included on a rotating basis. The post holder will need to be able to offer flexibility to provide cover over some weekends and during busy periods and you will be on call from home at night.
Person Specification: The candidate should be RSCN/RGN
- · Experienced in working with children and young people as a nurse, preferably in a residential setting.
- · Management responsibilities for a team of nurses/auxiliaries
- · Working in a multi-discipline team
- · Pastoral qualities and skills
- · Commitment to the ethos of boarding education
- · Caring for young people with understanding, enthusiasm, optimism and a sense of humour
- · Good communication skills
- · Willingness to work anti-social hours
- · Computer literate (training can be given)
Hours of work: During the normal school term you will be employed in full-time service and will be required to work such hours as are considered necessary for the running of the school. In addition you will be required to work for 3 days at the beginning of each holiday and for 3 days prior to the commencement of the new term, or as may reasonable be required.
Accommodation: Residence in a private residential accommodation, on the school's premises, which comprises of 2 bedrooms, lounge, dining room, kitchen and bathroom.
Access to Sodexo Childcare voucher scheme,
Free lunches and refreshments
Free car parking facilities, Use of gym and swimming facilities
Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
A choice of 3 pension schemes
Uniform where applicable