HealthLine Nurse Advisor
HealthLine Nurse Advisor
Salford Quays, Manchester
Circa £29k depending on experience, plus enhancements
Full time and part time options available
Part homeworking option after completion of 6 month probationary period
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We provide a range of health insurance options which can give customers access to diagnosis, treatment and specialist support services. The benefits available to our customers include; access to Bupa-approved consultants, breakthrough treatment and drugs, our 24/7 Anytime HealthLine and cancer cover that comes with the Bupa cancer promise.
What you'll be doing
Are you a registered nurse who can make a difference?
Bupa Anytime HealthLine is accessible 24/7, 365 days per year offering general medical, symptom, diagnosis and health advice to our callers. With no time constraints on our call, as a nurse you can have a relaxed and full conversation, where you can share accurate, research based and evidence based health information.
What’s a typical day?
This is a varied and interesting nursing role, allowing you to utilise and develop your clinical and personal skills. As a Healthline nurse you will provide support, guidance and information to a variety of clients and services. You will be supported in your development by regular performance appraisals, in house training, revalidation support and payment of your professional subscriptions. As an established nursing team, you will be supported by your peers and colleagues to deliver high quality clinical care by following best clinical practice, including principles of integrated governance which underpins our working systems and processes.
Our goal is to deliver a high quality, patient focused, safe and reliable service
Who we’re looking for?
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
Our Salford Quays office is a brand new purpose-built facility which has been specially designed for modern, flexible ways of working. For non-drivers, it’s easily accessible by tram from central Manchester.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com
- Registered Nurse with appropriate clinical experience
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of clinical nursing knowledge
- Ability to handle uncertain situations calmly and professionally
- Ability to handle customer calls with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organise your own workload
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and information available
- Ability to work well under pressure and on your own initiative
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- www.ourbupa.co.uk – website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CDP
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free onsite gym and subsidised staff restaurant
- Free annual health assessment
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app