Deputy Radiology Manager (IP)
To assist the Imaging manager/superintendents in the day to day management of all radiographers, secretaries and HCAs in the department, their clinical effectiveness and professional development in line with department policies, working closely with the interventional radiology nursing team
To maintain a high quality, cost effective CT service with a particular emphasis on patient and referrer needs.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To liaise with clinical users outside the department on clinically based issues in the absence of or on behalf of the Imaging manager.
- To deputise for the Imaging Manager on all IP PGH matters where appropriate.
- To provide professional leadership and efficiency in the day-to-day running of the CT service.
- To facilitate that the highest clinical standards of CT service and patient care are achieved. To assist in the development of common service standards that can be applied across the department and that these are known throughout the facility.
- To assist with the induction of new staff, and participate in the education and training programs focusing on high quality imaging techniques and changing clinical need, closely linked with individual professional development.
- To ensure the service is provided comprehensively and that all radiographic staffing rotas including annual leave are fair and equitable
- Ensure that all radiographers are aware of and committed to the ethos of customer care and high quality provision of service. This will include demonstration of standards by personal exampleEnsure that all capital assets are used appropriately and to the optimum benefit of patients.
- To ensure there exists appropriate communication processes for radiographers. To actively participate in department staff meetings and ensure that staff are aware of their responsibility to undertake particular action points.
- To liaise regularly with the Imaging Manager and to ensure that service needs and service development is brought to their attention.
- To develop and monitor professional and patient care standards.
- To undertake further training and study in order to keep abreast of developments.
- To assist the Imaging Manager in the strategic and business planning of the service. – to help drive the CT service development in conjunction with the imaging manager/marketing team/consultants.
- To observe and implement all aspects of the Health & Safety at Work Act, IRMER, COSHH and any other relevant regulations pertinent to CT. To ensure that all necessary written protocols are in place and observed.
- To keep abreast of current techniques and actively encourage others to do so and to participate in a programme of Continuous Professional Development
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Radiography/Medical Radiations.
- HCPC registered.
- Extensive post qualification experience.
- Post graduate qualification in CT preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Assessing and diagnosing equipment faults.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.