£27,282 – £33,346 per annum, pro rata
BPAS is now delivering abortion and sexual healthcare services in Coventry, Stratford upon Avon and Nuneaton! This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new service located in the midlands providing outstanding client care.
Our units are located in Coventry, Stratford upon Avon and Nuneaton and will offer services Monday to Saturday from 8am to 8pm. More information and working patterns will be discussed at interview.
As the Nurse/Midwife Practitioner you will provide exceptional abortion and sexual health information, conduct pre-treatment assessment and treatment to all clients in a supportive manner, either face-to-face or via the telephone. You will provide this in accordance with NMC Guidelines for Professional Practice, the Abortion Act 1967, the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and BPAS policies and procedures. This role will cover telecommunications, EMA and Surgical lists.
- Carry out point of care testing including, pregnancy tests and venipuncture if necessary, and to give results to clients.
- Obtain advice and guidance from the clinic and/or clients medical practitioner if there is a medical condition which may impact on the client’s treatment.
- Make arrangements for the admission of clients, notifying any specific requirements (medical or physical) where necessary and complete all referral documentation.
- Act as advocate to clients ensuring that adequate and information is given to ensure effective continuing care.
- Provide comfort, support and reassurance to clients in times of anxiety and distress, and respect the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Complete client case notes accurately and in full, ensuring that all handwriting if legible and documentation is clearly signed. Provide accurate, current, comprehensive and concise information concerning the client.
You will be Registered Nurse Level 1 or Registered Practicing Midwife passionate about maintaining an up-to-date level knowledge of appropriate clinical practice to ensure you deliver an exceptional standard of client care. You will enjoy working in a busy team and environment, where no two days are the same, and will be excited by the variety that BPAS has to offer its colleagues.
We are also looking for:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or Registered Practicing Midwife with contraception, counseling and ultrasound scanning skills is desirable although training will be provided.
- Knowledge of Abortion Act, Abortion procedures and clinical guidelines, Infection Control, Child Protection, Sexual Health, Incident Reporting, Health and Safety and COSHH requirements.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, whilst maintaining a strict level of confidentiality.
- Good listening, interpersonal and communications with the ability to build excellent working relationships.
- Experience of Nurse Admissions and Discharges, venipuncture’s, consent to treatments and general nursing.
- Gynecological nursing experience or relevant specialty i.e. sexual health or contraception.
Salary: £27,282 to £33,346 per annum pro rata (please note that this is a BPAS Salary Band and the exact Agenda For Change Band values are not applicable. Please see ‘additional information’ for more details).
Please see attached Terms and Conditions for details of salary and working pattern.
- https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=915520850 22 hour role
- https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=915520860 27 hour role
- https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=915520854 26 hour role
Candidates will need to be available for interview on Monday 29th April 2019 at our head office in Stratford upon Avon. Candidates will also need to be available for training week commencing 20 May 2019.
If you would like to be part of a professional team delivering high quality abortion care supported by a comprehensive training package then we would like to hear from you!