Position Number: 105491
This is a Recruitment Pool for Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time, Fixed Term Full Time and Fixed Term Part Time appointments with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Extensive critical care experience preferably a post graduate qualification in Critical Care (ICU).
- Ability to participate in a seven day rotating roster including night duty.
Applicants are requested to apply online (www.jobs.health.wa.gov.au)
WA Health is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of our service. We embrace diversity and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
WA Health supports flexible working practices within the context of a quality health service. WA Health is committed to a smoke free environment across all buildings, grounds and vehicles.
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health’s Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility to Apply: Sponsorship is available for suitable applicants however we do not offer relocation assistance. The hospital offers contracts for up to four years depending on the length of the sponsorship. More information re Visas can be found at: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/work
Other Conditions: WA Health engages staff in positions of trust and responsibility. WA Health policies require applicants to undertake criminal records screening and integrity checking as part of the appointment process. Referees may also be asked to comment on an applicant’s integrity and past demonstration of ethical behaviour.
This position is subject to a Western Australian Working With Children (WWC) Check. For further information please refer to the WWC website at:
Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which appointments may be made when similar vacancies occur. Appointments may be made from this pool until 31/12/2020.
Area Profile: Royal Perth Hospital (RPH) is Perth’s inner city, tertiary adult hospital and part of the Royal Perth Bentley Group. RPH is the State Major Adult Trauma Centre. RPH offers tertiary-level emergency medicine, trauma services mental health, complex and elective surgical care, and specialist medical services. It is also a premier teaching hospital and contributes to innovation and excellence in medical research and patient care. The RPH ICU/HDA has 20 beds providing tertiary ICU/HDA care for all patients in the East Metropolitan Health Service and defined WA Country Health Service catchment areas. RPH is the primary referral centre for Western Australian Major Trauma and the Spinal Injury Service.
In 2020 RPH will be implementing a Remote Monitoring Service. The service will remote monitor patients in ward areas from a Command Centre using interactive video, decision support software, patient monitors and data to support and collaborate with the local clinical teams in the early detection and prevention of patient deterioration. The Command Centre will be staffed by Critical Care Nurses that rotate from ICU and other Critical Care areas and is the first of its kind in Australia.
As a clinical nurse in the ICU/HDA you will be expected to:
- Provides clinical and professional expertise to ensure comprehensive evidence based nursing care is delivered to patients within the Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/High Dependency Area (HDA).
- Facilitates and promotes patient safety and quality of care.
- Monitors, reviews and reports upon the standard of nursing practice to ensure that colleagues are working within the scope of nursing practice, following appropriate clinical pathways, policies, procedures and adopting a risk management approach in patient care delivery.
- Co-ordinate the day to day running of the ICU to provide safe and appropriate patient nursing care through appropriate staff allocation taking into account patient acuity, skill mix and educational requirements.
- Promote effective patient flow by managing and co-ordinating discharges, admissions both planned and unplanned from the Wards, Theatres, Emergency Department and the Royal Flying Doctor Service in conjunction with the ICU Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) Medical Team and Bed Managers.
Employee Benefits: Our employees enjoy a range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Other professional and location based allowances.
- For information on superannuation go to: http://www.treasury.wa.gov.au/Superannuation/Employees/Overview/
For Information on the ICU/HDA Clinical Nurse position please contact:
Karen Goodman | Nurse Unit Manager ICU |Royal Perth Bentley Group
Level 4, R Block
Wellington Street Perth WA 6000
T: (08) 9224 3523 | M: 0404 894 139 | Page 2178
Applicants are required to:
1. Provide detailed curriculum vitae which summarises your experience and how you are able to meet the position requirements.
2. Write a statement which demonstrates (with examples) how you would meet the following Essential Criteria:
3. Demonstrated advanced clinical knowledge and experience in the delivery of evidence based nursing care within the practice setting/specialty.
4. Demonstrated high level interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
5. Ability to plan and conduct patient/staff education.
6. Demonstrated ability in the development, implementation and evaluation of new and existing policies/procedures/programs/services.
Please see the attached Job Description Form (available online at www.jobs.health.wa.gov.au)
- Referees should be a current supervisor or manager.
Prior to submitting your written application it is highly recommended that you contact Anette Smith - Nurse Manager for Recruitment & Human Resources, Corporate Nursing Services (RPH) by telephone or email for guidance on how to submit your application including advice on how to meet the above essential criteria.
These documents should be complete and ready to attach prior to applying online. Please ensure you allow sufficient time to complete the online application process as you will be required to answer various questions and attach your documentation.
If you experience difficulties while applying online, please contact Employment Services on 1300 553 680 for immediate assistance during business hours.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on, or after, 4:00pm will not be accepted.
LATE OR EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.