- Haslemere, Surrey
- £10 - £11.50/hr
- Excellent training & development opportunities
36 hrs ¦ Supportive Culture ¦ Paid Breaks
Oak Hall Care Home in Haslemere is part of the award-winning Elizabeth Finn Homes Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the charity Turn2us. Oak Hall opened in November 2018 and we are now looking for additional care assistants to join our growing team. We offer a range of care options: residential, post-operative and rehabilitation, respite, end-of-life care.
Providing ‘exceptional care for the individual’ is at the centre of our ethos where quality of life is as important as quality of care. We believe that residents should be given the freedom to choose how they live their lives wherever possible. We involve residents and their families, in the development of individual care plans, tailored to the needs of each particular resident. Whatever their length of stay, our mission is to ensure that all residents enjoy the best quality of life possible. Care is as much about providing outstanding personal and nursing care as it is about ensuring that the individual feels safe, secure, valued and happy.
Brief Job description:
- To assist in delivering and maintaining a high standard of personal care to residents.
- To carry out procedures as instructed by the Registered Nurse, Senior Carer or Head of Care within your scope of competence.
- To document care given, in accordance with procedures.
- To report to the Person in Charge any changes in resident’s condition or other circumstances, which could impact on resident care.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, engaging with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
A full job description will be sent to all applicants.
Essential specific attributes
- Empathy towards older people.
- Well presented with a kind and gentle manner
- Team player
Desirable: NVQ II in Care or the willingness to undertake the same.
Desirable: Caring for Older People
Desirable: Computer literate
Registered Manager: Karen Williams
Oak Hall Care Home, Wispers Lane, Haslemere, GU27 1AD