HCA Healthcare UK – the world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
The Imaging department at London Bridge hospital comprises of 10 MRI scanners, 3 CT scanners, PETCT, DEXA, SPECT CT, 3 Interventional/Cath labs, 7 X-ray rooms, 3 Fluoroscopy rooms, 4 Mammography units and 14 Ultrasound machines and comprises of a team of 55 Radiographers/ Technologists and are supported with a smaller team of nurses, RDA’s and administration staff.
London Bridge Hospital prides itself with working with leading consultants who are experts in their field which allows London Bridge to be at the cutting edge of outstanding, world class healthcare.
As the Imaging Manager, you will be responsible in conjunction with the Imaging Senior Management Team for the operational management of all patient services within the Directorate.
This involves delivery of operational performance targets, including access targets, finance and the quality of services to patients and improving services towards best practice standards within available income.
You will provide leadership and support the strategic direction in conjunction with the Head of Imaging Services and take responsibility for leading and delivering success across a number of key programmes within the Service, ensuring that we can deliver our primary objectives and targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery of services to agreed standards
- Exercise delegated authority on behalf of the Head of Imaging Services to resolve day-to-day management issues
- Support the senior management team within Imaging in the delivery of their objectives, give operational and strategic direction to work
- Ensure sufficient data available to monitor and track performance and comply with reporting requirements
- Provide appropriate input and challenge to clinical and business plans and continue to work to delivery of these objectives.
- To lead projects in conjunction with by the Head of Imaging.
- Manage the resolution of any complaints and issues from patients, staff, suppliers, other internal and external service providers
- Monitor compliance within the department of facility-wide staff management policies and procedures and take corrective action where shortfalls occur
- Manage financial and budget reporting to support Clinical Leads/Superintendents ensuring internal and external financial targets achieved
- Support the Superintendents/ Clinical Leads and Service Managers identify new opportunities for services arising from efficiency/change initiatives; strive to lead in this area of service provision
Skills & Experience
- A BSc , DCR (or equivalent) in Diagnostic Radiography.
- HCPC registration is essential
- Experience in managing or leading an Imaging department
About The Individual