Trainers needed for immediate work
Are you a registered nurse or other qualified health practitioner (i.e., paramedic, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, paediatric nurse, registered mental nurse)?
Do you have a current professional registration and 2 years’ post-registration experience?
Perhaps you also have an area of specialism, for example: enteral feeding; epilepsy; continence; catheter care; diabetes; breathing / ventilation; manual handling; safeguarding; stoma; suctioning; tracheostomy?
We are looking for practitioners across England and Wales who are either already experienced trainers, or who currently teach others in a more informal way as part of their day to day role.
Competitive rates negotiated individually, depending on skill and experience. Work commissioned to support flexible working.
Our training courses:
We offer customised and bespoke training and are constantly developing new courses. This means we’re happy to hear from trainers with skills and experience in a range of clinical and non-clinical topic areas.
Train for us, grow with us:
We’re Heron and Gull, a company with a fresh outlook on providing high-quality, personalised health and care skills training. If you are looking to join a friendly team that’s set on growth and success with an ethical ethos, we’d like to hear from you. As Heron and Gull is a constantly developing business, joining us means there are always exciting further opportunities available.
Our ideal candidates will:
- Run engaging training courses for individuals and groups
- Deliver training in varied locations including health and social care settings, and in people’s homes
- Monitor learning outcomes, and give productive feedback
- Be meticulous in completing and updating administration records
- Have a positive, upbeat personality, and an enthusiasm for helping others to learn
Some of our current typical training subjects are listed below but this is a small selection only, so if you don’t see a topic matching your knowledge and skills don’t worry, we still want to hear from you.
- Airways management
- Basic life support
- Catheter care
- Challenging behaviour management
- Continence care
- Cough assist
- Diabetes / insulin management
- Epilepsy and administration of medicines
- Enteral feeding and care (e.g. PEG)
- Infusion pumps
- Manual handling
- Manual chest physiotherapy
- Medication administration / management
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Oral suctioning
- Paediatric first aid
- Stoma care
- Tracheostomy care
- Wound care/ tissue viability
We need every applicant to have:
- Self-regard for continuing professional development, and keeping qualifications and skills updated
- A willingness to travel within a mutually agreed area/region
The experience, skills and abilities we need:
- Confident presenters who can effectively communicate with learners with clinical or non-clinical knowledge
- The discipline, dedication and motivation to work autonomously
- Excellent time management
- Evaluation skills to assess trainees, course impact, and learning outcomes
- Familiarity with training one-to-one and/or training in small groups
- Experience of assessing competencies against a set framework of national standards
- A training qualification – whilst not essential, it’s an asset to your application
Interested applicants should send a current CV to email@example.com.
For an informal discussion please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07812 573 614.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.