Senior 1 Occupational Therapist
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit.
The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
To manage a caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions. To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of OT services within a designated area, holding responsibility for defined projects. To contribute to implementing quality initiatives and quality assurance methods. To work as an effective team member of the multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary teams.
This is a 9 month fixed term position, working 37.5 hours a week.
The salary is competitive and dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide comprehensive initial and ongoing assessments for each patient
- To plan and implement treatment using a goal planning system within the interdisciplinary team working towards planning a safe discharge from hospital
- To maintain accurate and concise treatment records detailing treatment plan and progress.
- To ensure patients and carers are involved in the planning and delivery of their own care.
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary team in providing care/treatment according to the agreed care plan and patient centred goals.
- To work with patients and families to identify OT goals as part of the overall care plan, using specialist OT assessment tools
- To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention.
Skills & Experience
- State Registered (HCPC), Membership of BAOT
- Considerable experience in the field of oncology
- Considerable experience in discharge planning
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.