Frontline - Clinical Support Desk Nurse
2 days left
- Full Time
Join South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS)
Band 6 Nurse – Hear and Treat
Are you looking to be excited and challenged in an environment that isn’t a ward?
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of patients in emergency situations?
SCAS has been rated ‘good’ over all by the Care Quality Commissioning group (CQC)
SCAS are looking to recruit reliable and enthusiastic Nurses to join our motivated, friendly and hardworking team of Clinicians based in Bicester, Oxfordshire and Winchester, Hampshire.
Hear and Treat
Hear and treat is a vital part of SCAS Emergency Operations centre carrying out complex clinical assessments over the phone advising and informing in line with clinical assessment software, whilst utilising your own knowledge, experience and professional judgement and referring to other services where appropriate.
This is an exciting, challenging and extremely rewarding role with no shift being the same!
- Current NMC registration
- Registered general nurse (RN1, RNA)
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good level of computer literacy
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone
- Recent professional clinical assessment experience
- Experience within an A&E setting
Successful candidates will be required to complete an eight weeks fulltime training programme (fully paid), covering internal systems, NHS pathways assessments and mentoring. We offer continued support throughout the role.
What we can offer;
SCAS is a progressive, innovative and caring NHS Trust, with a vision towards excellence, saving lives and enable our patients to receive the appropriate care they need while demonstrating SCAS core values Teamwork, Innovation, professionalism and caring. Working for SCAS as a Nurse provides outstanding opportunities for you to develop within the role and the Trust, while offering the following benefits;
- Up to 41 days Annual Leave dependent on length of service (inclusive of bank hols)
- Providing a Nationally recognised Pathways License
- Continued support and development from our in house education team.
- Additional CPD training Opportunities and access to educational qualifications
- Occupational Health support along with an Employee Assistance Programme.
- NHS Discounts in over 200+ stores including Holidays, Days out, Car insurance, Restaurants and Clothing.
- Uniform provided
- Enrolment in the NHS Pension Scheme
- Child care vouchers
For further information on this exciting role please click here
Apply for Frontline - Clinical Support Desk Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly