Senior Radiographer - Mammography (12 Month FTC)
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.
As Senior Mammographer you will provide a breast imaging service for the Womens Health Unit at the Wellington Breast Unit. Working closely with the Breast Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, Consultant Breast Surgeons, Histo-Pathologists and Radiologists to deliver a first class mammographic, breast imaging and breast service at Breast Unit PMC, you will promote the service and encourage referrals.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £39,902 - £46,552 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a mammography service and assist other imaging in the Breast Unit
- Work closely with the Radiologists and Breast Consultants in setting up policies and protocols for all breast imaging and patient pathways
- identify improvements on an ongoing basis and oversee the implementation of such improvements as agreed with the line manager
- assist the day to day running of the breast imaging service
- assist with patient bookings and administrative duties where necessary, ensuring verified radiologist reports are delivered in a timely manner
- Assist with staff orientation and training
Skills & Experience
- HCPC registered
- Certificate in Mammography or Post Graduate Award in Mammographic Practice
- Knowledge of processes and procedures in mammography
- Familiar with NHS BSP and European Guidelines in Mammography
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.