Staff Nurse ITU
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ICU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Harley Street Clinic Adult Intensive Care Unit provides expertise and technology of the highest standard. The service is provided by a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of Consultant Intensivists, Registrars, Nurses, and allied health professionals including dieticians, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
The unit is able to provide multi-organ support including the latest in cardiac, ventilator and renal replacement technologies. We care for level 2 (high dependency) and level 3 (highest level of 1:1 care) patients within a supportive clinical environment As well as specialising in complex cardiac and surgical cases, the unit provides support for all medical/surgical emergencies within the hospital.
Facilities include the availability of isolation rooms and 24 hour / 7 day support from theatres, cardiac catheter laboratory and diagnostic services. The team provides clinical and advisory support for all patients within The Harley Street Clinic ensuring that all patients receive the best possible acute medical care.
As a Staff Nurse in the Critical Care unit, you will be required to provide a high level of care for patients by assessing, planning, delivering and continued evaluation of care. Additionally, you will be responsible and accountable for your own practice and for ensuring the delivery of a high quality service at all times.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,630 - £35,822 + 9% shift enhancement and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Ability to quickly identify any clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Undertake extended roles such as venipuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
- Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff to enhance good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
Skills & Experience
A registered nurse you will have ITU experience ideally managing, Cardiothoracic, Neuro, Oncology or General intensive care patients. It is also important that you have experience of managing ventilated and non-ventilated patients independently.
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Cardiothoracic or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Experience in advanced respiratory ventilation, cardiothoracic care would be advantageous
About The Individual
The appointed applicant will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!