Senior Cardiac Physiologist (non-Echo)
1 day left
- Full Time
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
Applications are invited for a Non-Invasive Cardiac physiologist who is interested in being part of our expanding team. The successful applicant will be able to show a proven record of working to a high standard and will be a self-motivated clinical expert who is organised, flexible, reliable, and able to inspire and advise their colleagues.
This post provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic cardiac physiologist to be part of a motivated and cohesive team.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Salary is between £39,135 and £46,962 depending on experience
Working hours 37.5 per week, shift patterns 8am - 8pm Monday – Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be technically proficient in all non-invasive cardiology procedures and develop a strategy and be responsible for the delivery of core specialist training to meet the training requirements of cardiac physiology staff
- Work in our busy Cardiology department alongside the existing team to perform resting ECG’s, BP monitors, Fitting and Analysis of Prolonged ECG Monitoring, perform and report on Exercise ECG tests and Tilt Table tests
- Assist with Audits
- Interpret technical information & data from investigations and prepare reports
- Recognise the significance of investigation findings/diagnoses and act on these accordingly.
- Demonstrate a professional approach to patient care, and be able to communicate with patients clearly.
- Follow departmental guidelines and protocols for each procedure relevant to the post ensuring quality control and reporting methods.
- Provide technical cover to all areas of the technical service, within boundaries of personal competencies, as needs of department dictate including flexible working hours and on call commitment.
- Where necessary, move sensitive, expensive and sometimes heavy equipment between areas.
- Investigate any identified or reported electro-medical equipment faults and resolves issues directly or passes onto biomedical engineering department or external technical support.
- Adhere to departmental policies and protocols ensuring a quality service is maintained throughout all areas of the cardiology department. Adhere to rules, policies, procedures and standards of The Harley Street Clinic together with all relevant mandatory obligations.
- Carry out duties with regard to health and safety, infection control and risk assessment.
- Actively participate in maintaining own professional development by attending training courses to develop, implement and maintain high clinical standards and to achieve where possible objectives agreed in the annual staff appraisal system.
- Adhere to relevant professional guidelines as required by the RCCP, SCST and BSE.
- Ensure that registration, membership and re-accreditation with these professional societies is kept up to date and attendance of regional, national and international professional meetings is upheld.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant professional qualification with the RCCP (Registered Clinical Physiologist)
- Interest in research and Audit
- Demonstrate commitment to seamless and consistent high quality care and services
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional training and development
- Track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with all disciplines
- Computer literate
About The Individual
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Diplomatic with positive attitude