Care Support Team Nurse
Care Support Team Nurse
Salford Quays, Manchester
£32k plus excellent benefits
Full time or part time – Monday – Friday
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We provide a range of health insurance options which can give customers access to diagnosis, treatment and specialist support services. The benefits available to our customers include; access to Bupa-approved consultants, breakthrough treatment and drugs, our 24/7 Anytime HealthLine and cancer cover that comes with the Bupa cancer promise.
What you'll be doing
Our Care Support Team case manage complex patients who are currently admitted to hospital and undergoing treatment with Bupa. We ensure that our patients are in the right setting, at the right time and receiving the right level of care for their needs. We support timely and safe discharge into settings that are right for the patient.
What’s a typical day?
In this position you will liaise with consultants, hospitals and other healthcare providers to assess and evaluate proposed treatment plans.
- You will interact with both customers and healthcare providers to accurately and consistently make evidence based decisions about private healthcare funding
- Use a variety of techniques and methods of communication to support customers with long-term and complex needs to make appropriate and well informed decisions about their onward healthcare
- Collaborate with colleagues from different departments to drive a holistic consideration of customers’ ongoing healthcare needs and influence well-rounded and effective solutions.
Who we’re looking for?
- Registered General Nurses; ideally with a background in acute care, with knowledge of chronic or complex long term health needs
- A strong understanding of acute admissions and appropriate treatment pathways
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of clinical nursing knowledge
- Ability to handle uncertain situations calmly and professionally
- Ability to handle customer calls with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organise your own workload
- Ability to make decisions based on the facts and information available
- Ability to work well under pressure and on your own initiative
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
Our Salford Quays office is a brand new purpose-built facility which has been specially designed for modern, flexible ways of working. For non-drivers, it’s easily accessible by tram from central Manchester.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- www.ourbupa.co.uk – website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CDP
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free onsite gym and subsidised staff restaurant
- Free annual health assessment
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test
- Access to healthy minds service and 24/7 anytime HealthLine
- Bupa rewards to high street retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com