Senior Theatre Practitioner (Cath Lab)
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
We have separate paediatric and adult intensive care units (ICUs), and our paediatric ICU is the largest private facility in Europe, with 18 beds. This allows us to support cardiology, cardiac, thoracic, cancer, spinal and other major treatments for children. We have 103 beds in total, including nine adult ICU beds offering the highest level of one-to-one care.
The post holder will be responsible for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the Cardiac Catheter Lab team and to participate in the assessment of patient care needs and implement and maintain agreed standards of care. You will be responsible for coordinating a safe and effective working environment for General Anaesthetic cases and Sedation cases.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week – this includes flexibility with regards to working hours. You will be required to do on-call and provide and arrange ODP/ODA cover for weekend cases if and when needed.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role starts at £42,000 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition: We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the Cardiology team and Consultants
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care.
- Working with members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team following local protocols and standards.
- Awareness of the effective management of resources within the department.
- Participate in education, training and development of other staff
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures
- Reviewing and writing of Policies
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the Cardiac Catheter Lab, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Coordinating staff for GA and anaesthetic lists
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse/Registered ODP
- Experience of mentoring junior members of staff
- Recent experience working in a Cardiac Cath Lab/Theatre setting is desirable
- Experience in Sedation of adult cases
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.