Gynaecology Outpatients Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient and outpatient specialties reflect this, providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
The hospital has been consistently growing over the past few years, almost doubling since 2008.
Our Paediatric wards hold 56 inpatient beds + 11 day case and are equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced medical and surgical care, including a Paediatric Intensive Care Unit which reflects the acuity and complex nature of the children who are admitted to our hospital. The Portland Hospital has a large number of international Paediatric patients, often funded by relevant embassies.
The Portland Hospital is the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK. The hospital provides for both consultant-led and midwifery-led deliveries, having an 18 bedded ward to facilitate this. Alongside this there is a 12 bedded Gynecology and Women’s Health in-patient ward. The Portland Hospital also has a large outpatient department for all areas of its clinical expertise, to facilitate continuous care or simpler procedures.
We are currently recruiting for a Staff Nurse in Gynaecology Outpatients
As a Gynaecology Staff Nurse you will be responsible and accountable for the provision of high quality care within the gynaecology outpatient setting.working within the Gynaecology Outpatient team to provide high quality care to all women who attend the department
You will work alongside Consultants and colleagues within the service and will communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £32,000-£36,000 ( dependent on Skills & experience)
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Advise and assist with termination of pregnancy service
- Assist in organisation of clinics to ensure smooth, efficient operations
- Ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- Chaperoning and assisting medical staff
- Carry out observations, investigations and treatments as required
- Ensure equipment is in good working order
- To maintain accurate records of patient care & charged keyed on to Meditech
- Organise tests and appointments both within and outside the hospital
- Provide patients with information regarding the management of their condition
- Ensure correct labelling and transport of specimens
- Maintain stock levels of supplies / equipment
- Administrative duties as required
- To carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
- To act as a role model for Gynaecology and ensure quality care is given
Skills & Experience
- RGN with valid NMC PIN
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Outpatient experience
- Gynaecology experience
- Phlebotomy skills are desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.