Deputy Patient Access Manager
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21-day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
The Deputy Patient Access Manager (Deputy PAM) reports to the facility Patient Access Manager (PAM). The Deputy PAM is responsible for the day to day administration of the Patient Admin team and to support the PAM in the effective leadership, direction, evaluation and administration of the Patient Administration Departments.
The Deputy PAM will lead, direct, manage and develop operational activities within their team function and always providing a first class level of service to all customers/patients of the Hospital in addition to internal stakeholders in line with audit requirements.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
Attractive and competitive salary, which will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Day to day management of the Patient Admin team
- Ensuring strong control and check points within all facilities to allow for successful collection and banking of all treatments/accounts.
- Cascade of targets, setting KPIs, SLAs and monitoring adherence
- To ensure registration of patients meets governing body requirements and the business objectives.
- To provide leadership and support to all members of staff regarding the Patient Accounts Department, it’s role and objectives within the business.
- To utilise effectively information technology systems in order to ensure those resources are used effectively.
- Development of high quality and customer responsive services offered by the Patient Administration Department to maximise revenue capture and contribute to achieving the Hospital’s Business Plan. This includes active contribution to Revenue Cycle and to the overall management of the hospital and its business.
- To ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory procedures in accordance with registering authorities, policies and guidelines including internal and external financial audit requirements.
- To ensure that complaints relating to service provision are investigated (and any corrective action taken) as swiftly as possible.
- Possessing the ability to recognise the severity of financial issues and taking appropriate action as required including regular communication with the CFO, Shared Service Centre and key personnel within the Revenue Cycle management team.
- To support the Patient Access Manager in the recruitment, development and appraisal of staff.
- To promote best practice and continuous improvement within the Patient Access Function
Skills & Experience
- Further finance study / qualification desireable but not essential
- Detailed knowledge and experience of all processes within patient accounts.
- Management / supervisory experience
- Problem solving ability including patient and consultant complaints
- Communication skills
- Ability to gain a detailed knowledge of Meditech
- Good IT skills (Excel, Word, Microsoft office)
- Financial and commercial understanding
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- 2 years relevant management level professional experience
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.