Staff Nurse - Neuro Rehabilitation
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation is the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provides comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability.
As a Staff Nurse you will be responsible for acute and complex patients, some with tracheostomies. You will work with a vastly experienced MDT to achieve progress, through agreed set goals. Our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit has 46 beds, based over 3 floors in the North Building, with a hydrotherapy pool on the ground floor.
We are looking to offer full time permanent post. Shifts include; 8am-8:30pm or 8pm-8:30am (Mon-Sun) - Rotation and flexibility required.
The projected salary range is £31,000 to £36,767 per annum dependant on experience, plus 9% shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs.
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy.
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management.
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
- Rehabilitation or Acute Medical Care experience.
- Neurological and neuro rehabilitation experience is advantageous.
- Phlebotomy training desirable.
- You will be diplomatic and empathetic, with a passion for providing an exceptional patient experience.
- Experience in Nursing home working with disabled or dementia patients
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.