F Grade Staff Nurse
3 days left
- Full Time
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do. Providing exceptional care since 1932, we have 8 premises where we perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
We have an exciting opportunity for an F Grade Staff Nurse (Band 6 Equivalent) to join our Cancer Services Team on a permanent basis at our Duchess of Devonshire Wing (Cancer Centre) in Central London, W1G 6JA.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and The Duchess of Devonshire Wing is our award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms for Oncology & Haematology patients.
The postholder will facilitate the provision of a co-ordinated, high quality inpatient service to cancer patients in consultation with the inpatient manager. To be in charge and act as deputy when the manager or the deputy manager is absent. To partake in practice development forums within and external to the Clinic. To work clinically and to adhere to the NMC Code. Enable clinical effectiveness by mentoring /facilitating junior staff to achieve optimum competence and clinical performance in patient care.
We are offering a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours a week.
Our Staff Nurse vacancies have a competitive salary, depending upon experience, ranging between £39,930 - £50,760 (depending upon experience and seniority.)
The London Clinic also offer a comprehensive benefits package including: contribution pension scheme; Private Medical Healthcare; 25 day’s annual leave; season ticket travel loan and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The postholder will facilitate the provision of a co-ordinated, high quality inpatient service to cancer patients in consultation with the inpatient manager.
- To be in charge and act as deputy when the manager or the deputy manager is absent
- To partake in practice development forums within and external to the Clinic.
- To work clinically and to adhere to the NMC Code.
- Enable clinical effectiveness by mentoring /facilitating junior staff to achieve optimum competence and clinical performance in patient care.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Development Nurse implement appropriate education and training programmes for junior nurses and Health Care Assistants.
- Undertake the role mentor for student nurses and junior staff within Level 1.
- Undertake any other projects or duties as agreed with Matron or the Manager of the unit.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse
- Post Registration University Chemotherapy Administration Course
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Oncology Nursing
- Nurse-in-Charge/Team Leading experience
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service. We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background
To find out more information about The London Clinic, please visit our website: www.thelondonclinic.co.uk
Apply for F Grade Staff Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly