E Grade Plastics Staff Nurse
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, and we have been providing exceptional care since 1932. We have 8 premises, where we perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and The Duchess of Devonshire Wing is our award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms for Oncology & Haematology patients.
We have an exciting opportunity for an E Grade Plastics & Reconstruction Nurse at 5 Devonshire Place, Central London.
The post holder will work with senior and junior staff co-ordinating and delivering quality standards of nursing care following a patient centred model of practice in keeping with the Clinic’s Philosophy, The Departments Policies/Protocols and NMC guidelines.
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of evidence based care implementing change and relevant organisational processes to improve quality and will assist the Manager that the department is effectively managed at all times. There is a strong focus on day to day and ongoing service improvement.
The post holder will provide professional leadership to junior nursing staff within the department facilitating professional development in the context of individual departmental and corporate objectives and Clinical Governance.
This is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours a week with a competitive inclusive salary between £34,970 - £39,177, depending upon skills and experience.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including: contribution pension scheme; Private Medical Healthcare; season ticket travel loan and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for individualised patient care as appropriate working closely with the Consultants, nursing colleagues and clerical staff.
- Ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records and be aware of the legal implications of these documents.
- Ensure the provision of excellent evidence based care for patients.
- Act as a chaperone where necessary, document activity and ensure the smooth running of clinics.
- Co-ordinate and assist the Plastics and Reconstruction clinics and post-operative inpatient care independently with distant supervision.
- To undertake any other project of duties commensurate with the grade of the post and as agreed with the line manager.
Skills & Experience
- Level 1 RN with revalidation in place
- Minimum of 3 years surgical experience in at least one specific surgical speciality, ideally Dermatology/Plastics
- Competent in plastic and reconstructive surgery post op care and dressings
- Competent in removal of all types of sutures, clips and aseptic dressings
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team, as well the ability to work autonomously
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service. We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
To find out more information about The London Clinic, please visit our website: www.thelondonclinic.co.uk
Apply for E Grade Plastics Staff Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly